• Visit the Musée de la Vie Romantique, located in the former residence of the painter Ary Scheffer, nowadays turned into a museum that exhibit some of his works. Visit its workshops, pass by the garden, and end by having a drink in the tea room hidden in the outside court. (under construction. Back in Spring 2018)
• Walk by la rue Victor Massé, the street that concentrates a lot of music shops.
• Walk around la rue des Martyrs to buy some food in the various grocery shops. You almost can find every type of products in specialized shops : cheese, tea, jam, oil, all kinds of pastries and also a lot of organic food. On Fridays, from 3 to 7pm, buy some fresh products at the outdoors markets of la Place d'Anvers.
• Eat in one of the numerous nice fancy, semi-gastro, organic healthy restaurants and coffee shops.
• Stop by the Playground Duperré, a hidden playground in a residential street, that has become the most famous basketball court of Paris because of its new colorful art design
• Try to enter inside of l’avenue Crochet : residential private street, protected by a gate, where some famous wealthy artists and Parisians had/have their houses. Its was the residence of Jean Renoir, Django Reinhardt, Toulouse-Lautrec.
• Take a picture or attend a show at the Moulin Rouge, the world-famous cabaret
• Have some drinks in one of the numerous bars of the district. You can find "everything" : the traditional seedy ones, but also a lot of fancy cocktail bars
• End your night in one of the numerous nightclubs : the Bus Palladium (mostly pop-rock), the Divan du Monde (French music, in a former theater), le Carmen (mostly hip hop, in a former mansion), ...
• Venture in one of the numerous sex shops mostly located on the Boulevard de Clichy.
When one talks about Pigalle, you first think about its nightlife, sexshops, seedy bars, various night clubs and cabarets including the famous Moulin Rouge. This is the historic and central part of the district.
But getting away from the vice and the crowd, there is also a local residential district and more and more dynamic. Let's say trendy somehow, because of the numerous cocktails, wine bars, semi-gastro restaurants or organic stores spreading all around.
You can just pass by during the day, but stay longer during the night.
Time to stay : a few hours
Subway: Pigalle (line 2), St Georges (line 12)
Location : 9ème arrondissement